Sunday, June 19, 2016

Life at 5 | Milestones and Memories

What have you been up to little girl?
Kindergarten Orientation - Our first plunge in the (almost) kindergarten experience. A tour of the school and all the new fun things elementary school has to offer...PE, music class, library, and of course recess. Parker can't wait to go to her "big kid" school. Her biggest concern? "Mommy, I can't wear sandals in the gym!"
Grammie and Papa come to visit! June is one of the best month's of the year - dance recital and birthday - but even better, our two favorite people come to visit and spoil!
 
5th Birthday Celebration - Parker got to spend her day with Grammie and Papa. A trip to Enchanted Forest, and lunch at Chuck E Cheese. I'm not sure who was more tired at the end of the day Parker or Grammie!
(She and papa are on that roller coaster. Note: she was terrified.)
 
Air and Space Museum, and the Waterpark too! Airplanes, and water slides abound. While she was a fan of the large aircrafts, the large waterslides, not so much. 
 
 
Dance Recital - She was the cutest little frog in the bayou! "Dancing Across the USA" was a success, even in 100 degree weather, and over 1000 people packed in the theatre. A big thank you to daddy and papa who sat in the sun for three hours to ensure we got the best seats in the house. (Also a thank you to the Capital Taproom who kept them "hydrated" while waiting!) Parker was blessed with friends and family who joined her fan club - Grammie, Papa, Uncle Clay, Aunt Vanessa, Uncle Bobby and Aunt Kimmy. Once again, our tiny dancer rocked it!
Bonding with Grammie and Papa - Wednesday market for berries, "Get Air" for some jumping fun, a trip to the beach to brave the rain and wind.
5th Birthday PAAARRRGGGHHHty with Roque - Parks and Roque have been best friends since 3 months old. It only made sense to celebrate their 5th birthday's together on the Willamette River Queen. We had a great and crazy time with all of our little pirate friends.
(Following photo creds to one of the best...Lyndon Troseth!)

 
 
 
First Pedicure - Girls day with mommy. Jamba juice, lunch, shopping and pedicures. She even scored "pink diamonds" on her toes!
 
  
(Girl's Day was tough on this lil girl!)

A Few of our Favorite Things:
Hobbies (Parker verbatim): Singing, playing Barbie's, dancing, watching cartoons, watching tv, going to fun places, cuddling with Bullitt, and singing!

Food (Parker verbatim): Chocolate, fruit, apple juice, vegetables, tator tot casserole, spaghetti

Parker-ism's:
"There is nothing better than chocolate and my mommy."

"Today mommy, I'm going to be a really good girl. But I'm not promising that." -Mother's Day

"I can't believe this is the first time I won on a scratch ticket." -Says the four year old winning $5 on Papa's scratch tickets

"Now that I'm 5, I think that I'm responsible enough for a real phone and iPad of my own." - Parker
"What are you going to do with a phone?" - Daddy
"Call and text and that kind of stuff." - Parker

Parker Poses:
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

Just Being Parker:

 
 
 
 
 
 
(Meet our new family members...a 5th birthday gift for the little!
We're already down one. Mommy cried more than she did!) 
 
  


One More Warner is 5 years old!

No comments:

Post a Comment