Well into week 23 and it’s getting difficult to see my feet, let alone the cute shoes that should be on them! While it seems that four months is so far away to get to meet our little punkin, looking back at these last five months…they have flown by!!!
23 weeks
What I miss…
- Caffeine
- The jeans I used to fit into
- Wearing stilettos (my material babies!!)
What I’ve learned so far...
- I really like food...LOTS of it!
- It's time to get used to the fact the sleep is a thing of the past.
- Upon seeing a baby bump, no doubt random people will have advice to give or a baby story to share - which could be good, bad, or just plain interesting.
- Feeling her move for the first time is something I'll never forget. What a strange and comforting feeling.
- Don’t let the saleswoman at the airport scare you when she says “Whoa…you are going to have a big baby.” There is an extremely high chance that she doesn’t have a medical degree, and may just be a result of Christmas snacking!
- It is so great to have good friends, who have recently had babies, to call on – from recommendations for a doctor, what to expect on certain doctor visits, to all of the crazy, uh “uncomfortable”, and exciting things to expect. (Thanks Mallory, Kate and Marybeth for all of the great advice, help, and coaching!)
- The first trip to Babies R Us is going to be completely overwhelming - how is one supposed to know where to start. And will her lil bum be okay if I don’t get the wipe warmer??!?!?
We are learning more and more everyday. What a fun experience to go through together for the first time! We can’t wait to meet our little girl in 4 months!!! We are still working on her name…but it will be our little secret until she's here. We have started working on her room, and her wardrobe. No worries…five months in the womb and baby girl already has five pairs of shoes. She is going to be just like her mama, much to her daddy's dismay!!!
I love this! I also adore your blog header :) And of course I shall say you are VERY welcome. If it helps, people told me I looked like I was ready to "pop" when I was at your stage and Eden was 5 lbs. Seriously, people need to get a clue. Oh and please do not worry about all those baby gadgets, seriously, you don't need half of them. We kept it simple and that seemed to work best for us, but do whatever you want cause it's YOUR BABY! MUAH!
ReplyDeleteXo,
Mal