Friday, November 26, 2010

We're expecting!

That's right...Corey and I are having a baby!

Anyone who knows me knows this is something that I (and I think even Corey) have wanted for awhile now. We are so excited that it's finally coming true.

What? When?
We took the famous "stick" test in September, and the "POSITIVE" result meant taking two more tests to make sure it was true! The best part was that my parents were in town at the time, and we could tell them our news in person. I think it was a bit of a shock for them, and probably the last thing they thought they would hear on this trip to Oregon. :)

November 4 was the first appointment with the doctor. It was here when baby became a real reality! We weren't able to hear a heartbeat (which made me break down in tears) but our wonderful doctor was great in getting us in for an ultrasound to set our minds at ease. Corey was sure that I just had a peanut for lunch...but really it was our baby with a strong heart beat and moving like crazy.

I made the "big announcement" about Peanut at work the next day and my co-workers were excellent in helping me celebrate the big day...
 *I brought in pink and blue candy to help with the announcement.
*I even earned a prime spot in the quote of the day. Thanks Bonnie Boo!
And thanks Marjor-ita for helping document the day!

Boy or Girl?!?
We don't know if our Peanut is a Warner or a Warner-ette, but we are definitely going to find out. After the first of the year we'll know whether to buy pink or blue paint! :) Corey is hoping for a boy, and (again if you know me) I'm rooting for a girl (hence the PINK blog background). Really we just want a healthy baby to bless our lives.

Due?!?
Peanut is scheduled to arrive the end of May (5/25) which means at Christmas we are half way there. Wow, time really does fly! We can't wait!

Thank you to all of our friends and family for all of the kind well wishes. I'm feeling MUCH better in the second tri-mester. Now Corey and I are just enjoying each other and getting ready to go home for Christmas (goose hunting and Runza calls!)

ps. I can't forget about Bullitt - I don't think he quite understands that he is going to be a big brother. He already suffers from "everything is mine" syndrome - we don't know what is going to happen when a baby and human toys come into the house! ;)

2 comments:

  1. Hi Baby Warner - It's Grammie - I love you -
    and your mom, and your dad, and Bullitt also!

    I can't wait to hear more about you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi niece? or nephew? Which ever you are I already love you! You will have the best parents in the world!!! And, if I must say so myself, the best Aunt in the world!!! You are a true blessing, and I am excited to meet you, once you come out to play!

    I love you Sum!! And, Corey, I love you too brother! :o) I am very happy for you!!! I CAN'T WAIT to see you both at Christmas!!!

    ReplyDelete